Monday, March 12, 2012

Tonight's Dinner...Pizza Mushrooms!

So tonight's dinner was.......Pizza Mushrooms.  We had to scoop out the center and stems from baby portabellos (which was kinda yucky.)


Then we cooked those at 400 degrees for 7 minutes, until they were tender.  They generated their own liquid from somewhere in their mushroom-ness...which I lovingly titled "mushroom pee."  Then we stuffed the mushrooms with pizza sauce, mozzarella, black olives, and pepperonis.


I stuck that back in there for about 4 minutes or so, just so the cheese could melt.  Finished product picture!


They sure do look uber-delicious!  But how do they rate???  Jeremy gives it a 6.  He thinks that they would be much better as appetizers for a gathering, rather than as a full meal.  Makes perfect sense to me!!  I, of course, gave it about a 2.  (*Disclaimer*  I hate mushrooms, but I did man up, and try one!!  It had a great taste, but I could not get over the texture of smushy mushroom...the vision of "mushroom pee" probably didn't help either.)

So...final verdict!  Yummy taste...too much mushroom for a full dinner.  Try it as an appetizer instead!!

**I should link back to where I found this recipe...Pinterest, of course!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Yay for blogging!

    i think if you want this to be actual dinner then use a big portabello instead of babies.

    mushroom pee? grosstown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mushroom pee was definite grosstown!! I think the bigger portabellos would have been a better bet, but oh well!! At least we tried something new! :)

      Delete
  2. McKenna would probably love these, as long as you left off the black olives. I don't like mushrooms unless deep fried & served with horseradish sauce.

    ReplyDelete